Wednesday, June 28, 2006

All about the service for my buddy Robbie the Bowlegg Smith.

We just got home from the send off for Rob. He had a great group of people at the service. People from his job came, friends, family, bloggers and people from everywhere. The place was full. A few peole said some nice things about Rob and then we all went to his Mama's house for a party. We had 6 pickers, organ and a belly organ playing. Great music and wonderfull food. Sam and Quinton came and sat with brother Dave and Pam, his aunts and uncles were there also. Stacy came all the way from Texas and some of the bloggers are staying at my house. Most people said it was a very good service and Robbie would have liked it. I new Rob would be there, so I boiled up about 10 pounds of green peanuts, I know he ate some, cause the bowl was almost gone. Before everyone left, I got to hold my buddy one last time, Sam gave me a wooden box with him in it. I almost cried. They will put my buddy to rest at a few of his best places on earth, that he loved the most. We will have plenty pictures tomorrow and watch some of your friends for details. So long Bowleggs, Cat.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting me know that Cat.Show me some pictures son.marcus from onthepatio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cat. Thanks so much for posting something. It breaks my heart to think of you holding him for the last time.... Hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Cat, thank you for letting us know how it went today. When I got to the part about Sam and Quinton, the tears started. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat. Thank you for posting info about the service; we'd all been wondering. Lots of love to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the update, it's good to know Rob had a good send off, wish I could've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your heart...Thank you for giving those of us who have Rob in our hearts an update.What an tribute that there are so many people who consider him a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cat,I only knew Rob for 20 months or so.He touched my life deeply.I left a poem/rhyme for all of us at my site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so very sorry, Cat. I wish like hell I could have been there. I wonder if anyone has made any inquiries about getting a little bit of Rob down to Costa Rica? I'd imagine, with all the military personnel and such who read him that someone might be passing through that way. I certainly would like to think of a little of him being forever a part of that place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes sir, Big E, he touched many of us. I am very happy to see you and the gang from Atlanta, ya'll did him proud, Cat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all the updates folks for those of us who couldn't be there. Cat you mooned the funeral?

    ReplyDelete