Monday, June 25, 2007

Today, one year ago, my good friend Rob Smith died.

It was one year ago today, that my good friend Acidman, bowleggs, died. I remember it just like it was yesterday. We talked on the phone every day and he was so mad at the pain he was having, plus no doctor would help him. I miss my buddy very much. Sometimes when I am fishing, down at my pond, I look over and see Robbie sitting in the chair next to me. I still think about him most everyday. Most bloggers did not know my friend, he was not the same person as he was online. He loved his friends and his family and was put out with almost everything. We became very close after he left his job, we went to blog meats and saw each other almost every week, I sure miss him. I also want to thank Paul and Stevie for keeping his blog going. I think a lot of people still read and laugh with us, just reading about some old stories. I am very sad that he is gone, I talk to Georgia and Rick each month and he is all we talk about, they knew him very well also. I still stay in touch with his friends, Willie was very close to Rob, and Rob's brother, Dave, is one of the best men you will ever find. I bet he misses Bowleggs too. Another good friend of Rob's was Rick, the lawyer and part time judge, they were room mates at Georgia, Rick is also my lawyer and a very good friend. I wish all of Rob's friend well and hope they are thinking about our buddy and friend. I will never forget my buddy, Robbie Smith. Rest in peace, Cat

13 comments:

  1. I have sent you an e-mail and another song of Rob's that goes quite well with your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob, I just sent it to a few people. It is a very good song and it sure goes with my post. Take care my friend and thanks again, Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops... that's me, Stevie...Not Cat talkin' to himself.(Guess I'm STILL logged in as you, Darlin'...)(Not that I mind at all. Can't think of very many other people I'd actually LIKE to be mistaken for...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss that old boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sending me that cut, Catfish; it really brought back some memories, both good and sad. Wish I could have observed this anniversary there with you and Nancy. Give nancy a hug from me, willya? May this next year be better than the last.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me, too. Too many people confused the Acidman persona with Rob's real personality. He was a helluva guy. Wish I sit and listen to him sing & play guitar again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe it has been a year already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ... sorry I missed your call yesterday, Catfish, I was at another funeral.... Rob is defiinitely missed... very much....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe it's already been a year. One year ago today, I think we were all in a state of shock. I regret never having had the chance to meet him. Thanks for the memories, Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still really miss him too and the coomunity he built around himself. It used to be so fun to go over and see what he was saying and who was carrying on in comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I owe my second career, at Tronox to Rob...It just doesn't seem right that he's not around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rob was a mean spirited old asshole who finally realized he was a worthless piece of shit and did the smart thing and killed himself. Right now he's rotting in hell where he belongs. Good riddance to that piece of shit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joe, why did you not like my buddy? He did have some fucked up ways, but we were good friends for over 35 years.

    ReplyDelete