Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Quess What I killed Today?

This morning I was drinking coffee and playing on my computer. I looked out my big ass picture window in my office and saw a big almost white animal just barely walking. It was a big ass possum. I called Nancy and said look at that big one. He was just barely moving, moving very slowly. I watched him for a while and when he turned to go down the side of the house, I noticed he had a big piece of meat missing from his right shoulder. He must have been in a fight with a coon or a big ass dog. I told Nancy I was going to shoot him and put him out of his pain. I shot him in the head twice. He was dead as he dropped to the ground. He was also a very old possum, his left side of his mouth were missing a lot of teeth, the front ones and tr ones on his left side. He must have been very old. I weighted his ass and he topped out at 35 pounds, I told you he was big. His nasty looking tail was three feet long and the base of his tail was as big round as a silver dollar. I put him in the truck and drove him to the woods. I put him in a deep hole and then came home. Man he was big and old.

4 comments:

  1. Cat, you finally did a good thing. Ya got one round left for me???

    ReplyDelete
  2. that old possum probably got loose from a gator. Too bad it wasn't a young one..could of made some possum chili

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice of you to put the outoppie out of his misery. I have never seen a live possum, not even in a zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy I hope you burried that thing real deep . your discripition of that thing just made the hair on the back of my neck stand up

    ReplyDelete