Sunday, June 8, 2008

Road Trip This Past Weekend

We drove to St. Augustine Florida this past weekend to see my only grandson walk down that graduation line Saturday. He made good grades and was also on the states wresting team. Tyler went to Texas this past year and came in seventh out of thousands in his weight class. It was a long hot trip, we left at five oclock in the morning, I had to be at my daughters house by nine. Three hundred and five was in his class and it took over two hours to finish them all up. Gas prices were over four dollars a gallon and when we got back home, our gas jumped twenty cents, this is getting people down and out. I have been catching fish in the early morning and late evenings, too damn hot in the middle of the day. Still killing snakes and coons. When you see coons in the middle of the day, they are usually sick. My grass has been attacked by moles, one cat loves to dig them up and play with them until they die. I need more cats like her. My brother is still hanging on, I will take that 120 drive tomorrow to see him. The whole family knows all about Thomas, I hope he will not have to suffer, I saw my Mama take five years to die. He wants to go fast, he talks about it all the time and said he is ready. Very brave man, I would be scared to death. I will keep you good people informed about Thomas, thanks again, Cat

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update on Thomas, I too hope he doesn't suffer. We got back just a couple hours ago from a trip to the East side of the state, spent 5 days there, a long time family friend's mother passed at 95, her funeral was Friday. We were back at the cemetary yesterday, making up for missing Memorial Day there. The weather has been horrible, 40 - 50 mph winds there the past 3 days, snow overnight on the passes and heavy rain here, we had a high head wind for 125 or more miles. Makes me glad I'm not driving one of those big rigs. Traveling is too expensive, $4.20 - $4.25, I saw places had prices of $4.41 -$4.49 that was for the lowest grade, the higher grades are 20 cents more, at Chevron mostly.Sorry you have to travel so far to visit Thomas, give him our best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gas is $4.59 out here. Probably higher today, I'll find out when I leave the house.We have graduation next week. I hope it does not last as long as your grandson's!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are with you and Thomas and JoeyIt is so hard to watch a loved one let go and even harder when it is totally unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ..... best of luck to your brother, Catfish..... you and he are on our minds....

    ReplyDelete