Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Went To Savannah Again Today

I made the 120 trip to Savannah today, just to see my brother. He looks yellow, and I think he will not be here much longer. His heart is worn out. His wife, Ann, of some 50 years plus is trying to take care of him. Hospice still does not have a bed for him. I carried him some fresh fruit and eggs from my garden. He loves those fresh egtgs, big brown ones. While I was in Savannah, I did a little shopping at Home Depot. I got Nancy a new push cart for the yard and picked up some good dirt and cow shit. I have been planting trees for the last month and have only two left to go into the ground. My son Joey is doinf better with the death of his room mate. Take care, Cat

7 comments:

  1. Sometimes life throws some rotten lemons that you can't make lemonade out of. Wishing you all the strength you need, Cat, to get through this shitty time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath in the CountryJune 4, 2008 at 3:12 PM

    Just want you to know I've been peepin', and hope that you get through things okay. I enjoy reading your posts, although I feel for you with the last few.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are still on the mend, you are doing all you can. Give my best wishes to your brother and your son, it's a rough time for you all.I'm off to visit the tribe, a long time friend's mother passed at 95 she'll be laid to rest Friday so for us it will be a hectic time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your brother does better. Give a call when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... best of luck to you and your family, Catfish..... you and your brother will be in my thoughts.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear about your brother and your son's friend. That had to be such a shock for your son to find his friend like that.Take care Cat, you and your family are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a younger brother, probably younger than yours at 62. He's in a rest home, on dialysis and confined to a wheelchair. I feel for him and for you too.

    ReplyDelete