Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Are You Getting Any Rain?

With Fay doing crazy ass thing down in Florida, we have getting more rain than ever. I was watching the weather channel this afternoon and saw people standing in knn deep water. I walked down to my pond and the saltwater river is almost up to my freshwater pond. I have never seen this before. When my pond gets full it goes back to the river, but the river has never came over the top of the land into my pond. The fishing has been very very good lately. My pond fish are big and must have a million of fish in there. My fish lay eggs every full moon during the summer and all of those fish grow to about three ponds in one year. My bass are getting huge along with the catfish. I just talked to GuyK in Florida and he said that his whole state is under water. Some places go over 25 inches of rain in the last 24 hours, now that is some rain. I bet my daughter Stephanie in St. Augustine is catching hell, the storm just went by her house a few hours ago. I think I am going fishing, take care and try to stay dry, Cat

4 comments:

  1. So great to hear you're doing okay. Mom's not doing so well, so I'll see you next year in Helen, not this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does the rain bring the gators out?I bet all those fish taste good when you cook them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still bone-fucking dry in North Georgia. My tomatoes and peppers are the only things that didn't fry on the vine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It rained again this afternoon but nothing like it has been raining..I think the bitch has went to Alabama..

    ReplyDelete