Sunday, August 31, 2008

Finally got my land and house cleaned

Just as I finished cleaning and burning limbs and leaves, here comes another fucking storm. This is getting up my ass pretty damn good these days. I have a very bad back and getting older each day. It takes me three times longer to do a small job. These five acres are growing, it seems. My pond is really looking good.  A few months ago I added a bunch of grass eating fish to my pond. Before I got those grass eaters, I was pulling grass and weeds out everyday, tonnes of it. Now it is clean as a whistle. I am going to buy some killer bream this week, from Kens Fish Farm, these bream will grow to about five pounds in a year and a half. Yesterday I caught a four pound bass, this was the third big bass in the last two weeks. I usually just fish for bream with the smallest line and reels made. It feels like catching jaws with such small line. My pond id loaded with fish, come and watch me feed them, you will see fish on the top of the water fighting for the food. No more snakes and I this I have another gator to play with tomorrow. My brother is doing great and my kids are holding there own. Football season is here so I will start again watching and betting on the games. Take care and please come back, Cat

10 comments:

  1. Damn, that sounds like a great pond. I was one time interested in Ken's Bullfrog growing outfit. Gonna pig out on frog legs and sell bullfrog skins to the Japanese so they could make Bikini's out of them. But he turned out to be a bit of an asshole. His Bream are great........he......not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you can add the same chemical that people uses in septic tanks to eat weeds and all of that green foam on your pond. Use very little of it. Or you can go to a seed and feed store and ask them about a blue crystal that has copper sulfite in it. It will clean your pond and kill the weeds and aglea. I also added 10 grass eating carp, they will eat only grass and weeds. When I added the carp they were about six inches long, now they are about fourteen inches long and fat. They were nine dollars each. The copper sulifite is about ten dollars. Also you can rake some of it out on the sides and edges of the pond. Hope this helps, Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... dude?.... a five pound bream?...... the hillbillies around here?... if they caught a five pound bream, their big round heads would explode from pure excitement!....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, use the cheap no name kind. Use only a handful on each large patch of weeds and then a week later, do it again. Rid X is high dollar. It kills from the bottom up to the top of weeds, they will start to turn brown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous. My favorite pond had to be drained. It was always good for bass and bluegills. I almost always use light weight spinning gear or a fly rod with poppers. I'm still hunting for another pond in the Marietta area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hell, I'd love to catch a 5 lb. bass. I'd really dump in the diaper if I caught a 5 lb. bream. It's hard to catch big fish up north that don't have teeth, or barbs... ;) Good luck with them fish Cat... Hope the hurricanes cut you some slack. Looks like Marcus is in for it this weekend. I hope he stays alright.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neck, I do not have any 5 pound bream yet. I just purchased a was tub of Georgia Giants and some big ass channel cats from a man in my county that buys fish from Kens Fish Farm, he has those big ass bream, go to his site and see some. I caught some of those fish I got from Nick today and they fight like a 5 pound bass, but they were only about a pound and a half. I will feed them everyday and see what happens, Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gald to hear things are going well. Thanks so much for the pep talks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. .... when are you going to put me on your blogroll, hammerhead?...... what the fuck?.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like the Gators won one, or have you just gotten lazy like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete