Friday, August 15, 2008

Brooklet Peanut Festival Today

I drove over 200 miles today. We went to Brooklet Georgia for the peanut festival and to visit with my 101 year old aunt and to see some cousins. We got there early, purchased some fresh cooked boiled peanuts. Then we went to see my cousin and pick some grapes. Went back to festival and purchased a six foot swing for the pond. It was handmade by a man and his whole family in a very small town in Georgia. They go around to all the festivals in the south and sell there chairs, tables and swings. Had to eat lunch and do a litle shopping and then to my aunts place, what a woman. She knows everything and her mind is better than most people a lot younger than her. She knows dates and names when family died or got married, knows all the names and birthdays for the whole family, she is my mamas oldest sister. Mama has only two sister still living out of 13. Saw another cousin and he wanted me to go by his house, he is a retired postmaster and does woodworking. His name is Sonny Boy, when we got there he gave us some bird feeders and two bluebird house. He made them all. He never sells anything, he gives everything he makes away to friends and family. Finally got back home at eight tonight, I hurt and tired as a over worked dog. I am going to take a few pills and hit the bed, Cat

1 comment:

  1. You should take your aunt to the Rattlesnake Roundup next year!

    ReplyDelete