Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Oldest Son, Joey, Had a Shock of His Life thursday

My son called me early thursday night and told me that his room mate dropped dead around eight oclock. My son was outside cooking some ribs and he went into the house and Marty, his room mate was on the floor, he told him to get is sorry ass up and get ready to eat. A few minutes later my son had the food on the table and Marty was still on the florr. My son called him again and he did not answer. Joey went over to him and rolled him over and he was blue and getting cold. He died of a heart attack, he was 56 years old and he meet my son many years ago while both of them were in jail for drunk driving. Marty was buried today. My son is still upset at the deathj of a good friend. Now he knows how it feels to lose a good buddy. One year I lost 13 very good friends. I just called my son and he said the funeral was packed for Marty, he was a very funny man and like my son, he was a big drinker and could not keep a woman. I hope everything will be okay for my son. My brother, Thomas, is about the same. He is still home waiting for a bed at hospice. The bad thing about Thomas, he knows he only has a few weeks and he is going crazy thinking about death. I wish I could do something for my brother.

1 comment:

  1. Cat, you are most likely doing the best thing you can for him. Just let him know he's loved and respected. Death comes to all......and in the end it's still a mystery.

    ReplyDelete