Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Almost Shit My Pants Today

I was working in my back yard this afternoon. Last night we had a wind storm, no rain just a lot of wind. It blew a lot of tree limbs out of the trees and I had to saw some of them up. They were just too large to move and set fire to all of them. I had the old lady on the Deere and I was walking beside it throwing those smaller limbs into the wagon that was on the Deere. I walked over a large snake and almost had a heart attack. When I found out it was a six foot long timber rattler, that is when I almost shit my pants. Nancy ran to the house and got me a shotgun, while I watched him. He was trying to get away. I shot him once in the back and almost cut him in half, he was still moving and trying to bite me. I then took my heavy bush hook and cut his head off and then I got the rattles. He had eight on his tail and he was six feet long and was as round as a softball. I picked him up with my rake and he weighed about twenty pounds, that was a big ass snake. I hate snakes, all snakes. I hope I will not dream about him tonight, Cat

6 comments:

  1. Buddy, I'd shit my pants too. Except I'd shit a blood clot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like snakes...and I'll guaran-damn-tee you that if I had of stepped over a six foot timber rattler the sumbitch would have been covered in shit..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God Cat, I've stepped over rattlesnakes and it's a spooky feeling. They don't always rattle at that first encounter. I've been told that there are no rattlers around me, but there are garter snakes, snakes live where other snakes live, especially rattlers. I'm not afraid of snakes, my phobia is scorpions and spiders.:) Give my best to the Missus and your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I like snakes as long as they are behind glass in the zoo. Glad to hear your brother is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Shit. I wouldn't have the foggiest clue how to have handled that situation. Glad you are safe. (And that your drawers are clean!) Whew!

    ReplyDelete