Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I went fishing today

I got me a hundred crickets this morning, got me a cke and some smokes and walked to the pond. I still have nice chairs around my pond. That way you can sit and relax in a nice chair and fish without getting into a boat or just standing up to fish.  I have four great spots that I fish all the time, I have two chairs sitting very close together, one for me and one for a guest, usually Rob had his name on the other chair, beside me. I caught a few hand size bream, then all of a sudden a caught a monster fish, I called out and said, look Bowleggs, this is a nice one. Rob was not there any more, he loved to come down and fish and shoot guns, he came almost every other week. I sometimes catch myself trying to call him on the phone, to let him know that the fish are biting. I told Rick and Georgia that I missed the bowlegged cocksucker. They said the same. We all had great times together. I hope one day that I can quiot thinking about my friend so much. Nancy also thinks about him and almost every time I call or talk to a blog buddy, his name comes up. I hope to see Sam, the next time she comes to Savannah. The house has not sold and most of his things are still in the house, I will help her back and move everything back to Texas for her. I will try and catch some more nice ones later tonight and hope Rob is down there with me. I need someone to talk with while I am fishing and looking for snakes, he hated snakes worst than me.

6 comments:

  1. I bet he was down there with you Cat, I'll bet he just was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and sweetthing may head up your way next month. I like the peace around that pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still think about him a lot too. In fact I was just thinking about him earlier today. Must have been because everybody else was too. He sure did leave a big hole in the blogworld when he left us. Hugs to you and Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You keep on talkin' to him. He's there, and always will be.Hugs sugah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... catch one for me, Catfish...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never met Rob, much to my disappointment, but I do miss his rants and raves. I'm glad I found his site and was able to enjoy his "company" for a couple of years before his passing.

    ReplyDelete