Thursday, March 15, 2007

Almost St. Pats Day.

When I lived in Savannah Georgia, St. Pat's day was a every big event, it has grown out of hand. Tomorrow they will be about 500,000 people coming to the parade. Last year the parade was just a little over three hours long. Only New York's parade is longer. I am still a little sick, been sick for over a week now. We use to go and do all of the parade things on St. Pat's day. I have marched in the parade many times. Back in my school days, the ROTC made me march, it sucked cause I had a army suit on with a M1 rifle. After school days, I marched with my family and friends. I was raised on Washington Square, everyone was Irish, but our family. We did as the irish did in those days. Those kids should could fight. I had cuts and bruises for all of my young life, we would fight anyone and about anything. A stranger could not walk through the park, we would get killed. I hope that tomorrow will be pretty and everyone has a great time, have a great St. Pat's day, Cat

1 comment:

  1. Your St. Pat's sounds like our Swallows Day Parade.It is amazing how many people will get all worked up and drunk over a bunch of little birds.

    ReplyDelete