Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I planted some of my garden today

I had to go and pickup my other fish from the DNR at Richmond Hill Georgia, this is where they raise the fish and sell them to pond owners. When I drove that far for fish I also decided to stop and have a big lunch and go and see my cousin and his wife and family. He is one of my cousins that use to get into trouble every week, if he wasn't in trouble one of his kids were. We use to hunt and fish every off day of our life for years. His daddy was in the moonshine business for over 50 years and our uncle on my dads side once got shot with buckshot running from the FBI. My cousin was a pistol in his day, but he is like most of my friends and relatives now, old and worn out. The fish I picked up today was big mouth bass. I already gotten my bream, sunfish and blue catfish. They are growing good and these bass will grow twice as fast as the other fish. I got most of my garden planted yesterday and today, I fell and busted my ass today, and can't hardly walk now. I planted 64 plants today, mostly tomatoes, peppers, beans and sweet and hot banana peppers for canning. I will not be worth a shit for a few days now. I almost forgot, I drove by my mail box today and misjudged it, I knocked it down. I was going to get my mail, fuck it, it was not my fucking day.

3 comments:

  1. May tomorrow be a much better day. Plus you can't officially get junk mail is they can't use your mail boy. Good look with the fish. I look forward to a time when I might get a piece of dirt suitable for putting a pond on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, sorry bout the fall, and the mail box. I was gonna ask you how the fishin' was goin' but it don't sound like you're gonna be fishin' for a few days. I do have a question though. How do you haul those fish back from the DNR? A bag, or a drum, or what do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I load up some coolers, the 48 quart ones and when we get there, the DNR fills them with there water and then add the fish to it. Then when we get back to my pond, we add water from my pond to the fish in the truck, we keep adding pond water until both temps are the same, takes about 2 hours, then we put the fish in the pond. I feed them twice a week with floating and sinking fish food. I buy the 50 pound bags for 12.00 each and only give them a few handfulls each time I feed them. Hope this helps, Cat

    ReplyDelete