Sunday, March 16, 2008

Snakes, One, Catfish Three.

I walked down to the pond this morning. Windy and cold. I took a shotgun with me instead of a few fishing poles. As soon as I got there I saw a snake laying in the sun. Shot once and killed a nice three round head. Walked a few feet to my left and saw one swimming toward me, about three away, I shot and got me another one. As I was walking back to the house, number three came up on me. Shot and killed that fucker also.  Two days ago I was fishing and saw a big one on the bank, getting some sun. I walked back to the house and got me a 12 gauge Browning, walked back and he was still in the same place, I shot once and killed him also. I hate snakes about as much as my old friend Rob, bowleggs did. Take care and more to come, Cat

6 comments:

  1. Rob would have been pleased -- almost as much as I am when you blast one of those gottdamned gators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, Cat, you really ought to eat what ya kill. LMO Seriously,snake can be some good eating once you get around all the bones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .... damn, man... that's a lot of snakes!.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Cat. Don't kill them all. They keep the vermin down. Once you kill all the snakes on your property, your house will be over run with rats and field mice. Snakes have their purpose buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take my coyotes any day over your snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coyotes can't eat enough mice to control the population. I hate snakes too! I kill them all except black snakes. I know they aren't poisonous so they don't bother me too much.

    ReplyDelete