Monday, May 12, 2008

Thomas, My Oldest Brother Has Some Bad Health Problems

Ten years ago, my oldest brother Thomas, had three heart bypasses. He did very well and was out the ICU and back home in three days. On the fourth day he was cutting grass. Last week he was rushed to the ER with breathing troubles. After a week, he went home. He was back in the ER two days later with some bad sugar problems. It would be 300 at night and drop to 50 in the morning. He has always taken very good care of his body and watched whar he ate. Last thursday the doctors could not get the sugar down, so they called in more doctors. One doctor told the rest of the quacks, let's run some more and different tests, cause I think something else is running his sugar up and down. The just got the results and they were very bad, his heart is worned out. They said they could not do anything else for him. They told Thomas that he had four days to four weeks to live. He is in hospice care now and he looks very bad. Thomas is 78 years old and has lived a good life. Two kids, one of each and both of them have two children of there own. I hate to see him go so fast. My family use to be very large now it is very small. I have been to see him two days in a row, it's a 120 mile trip, each day. I will let ya'll kow, when I can, Cat

10 comments:

  1. Sorry Cat. God Bless your Brother any your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry my friend..let me know if there is anything I can do..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this Cat. Prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cat, I'm a long-time lurker...but want you to know that we're praying for you and your family. Sorry to hear about your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the kind words, Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm grateful that you've been able to visit Thomas. 78 years, two children, four grand-children. That's sufficient. God bless him and all of those who love him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear that Cat, my wife's Aunt is in the same boat and is about the same age, they had her in the hospice but she wanted to go home so it's a day by day thing. I hope Thomas improves and proves the quacks wrong. Praying for you and Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your brother. You and your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear that about your brother Cat. Safe travels and best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete