Monday, December 8, 2008

Chicken Shopping Today

I am going out of town today, to buy some more laying hens. I sold my two new roosters last week and now I want more hens for there eggs. Over the last three months I have lost four hens, one to a big ass snake, one to a hawk and two of them to coons. My eggs business has gone to shit. I took my tag-alone yankee buddy today, his wife loves me to get her out of her hair a few days a week. I saw an ad on craigs list last night from Jesup Georgia. That is 48 miles west of me. We started out fine, it started to rain like a cow pissing on a rock. We finally arrived in Jesup and went down some nasty ass country roads, they were slick as baby shit with the rain and that fine Georgia clay. Found the house, chickens were out in a five acre field with horses and about 200 goats. The owner did not have a net or anyway to catch those hens. We were running and falling all over each other trying to catch these chickens. Remember the Rocky movie when Rocky was trying to catch just one chicken? We were trying to catch about eight. We looked liked a monkey fucking a football, funny as hell. The best part was this field had tons of animal shit everywhere. To make matters worst, it started to rain again. I caught two, the owner caught one and my yankee buddy grabbed one. I only purchased four today, but I will go back next week and get some more. You just had to have been there, funny as shit. Later gators.

3 comments:

  1. I wish some one took a video of the three of you trying to catch those chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd pay good money for that video, Maeve.

    ReplyDelete