Sunday, December 14, 2008

Smoked Meats

All I did yesterday was cook meat on my new big ass smoker. I purchased this machine a few weeks ago, the old one bit the dusk. I cooked three racks of ribs last week, smoked some fresh fish two weeks ago and yesterday I smoked one shoulder and two big ass boston butts. I had about thirty pounds on my smoker. I used dry oak wood and lots of it. I maintained around 220 degrees for about eight hours, it was great. I called and invited my cousin Luther and his wife to eat supper with us. We had pork, rice, green beans and butter beans with squash cooked down with red onions and garlic. Nancy baked a green cake from an old family recipe. We all ate and had a good time talking. Luther got home around eleven last night and started having chest pains and feeling very bad. His middle son Mark called 911 and they gave him FIVE bypasses today. In 2001 he had three bypasses and all three of them were stopped up along with two more. He will be going home tomorrow, wow, just one day? I hope he does better than some friends of mine did. My brother Thomas had three ten years ago and has been having problems this last year. Thomas is doing better today, more meds and exercise. I will let you know after I see him tomorrow. I have a doctors visit tomorrow myself. Take care and watch your health, Cat

3 comments: