Monday, December 15, 2008

Visiting The Sick

First of all I did not sleep much last night. I left the house at eight this morning, stopped to see my cuz, Luther, after the five bypasses, he was sitting up in the bed chewing snuff. He thought he was getting out today, wrong answer, tomorrow for sure. His wife has been with him the whole time, she looked like shit, no sleep for two days and nights. Then I went to my doctor, blood work for next weeks visit. This chore only took about thirty minutes. Went next to get an oil and filter change in my truck, wiper blades and both filters, 81.00 worth. Next I went to see my brother, he looked good and said he was doing a lot better. His wife came into the room and told me that he fell last week and hurt his head, arm, chest and ribs. I think Thomas was not going to tell me about his fall, he knew that I would have chewed his ass out. He was using a walker around the house, I guess he felt like he was getting stronger and better on his feet so he does not use anything to help him walk, FOOL. I still jumped on his ass about falling. Back to see Luther again before my long ride back home. They were still laughing and talking and dipping snuff, nasty asses. I go back to my doctor next week to see and hear about the results from my blood work. Man, it is hell getting old. I will let you good people know more in the next few days. My buddy Wayne, is still in jail. No bong and the law still has him down for four felonies. I think he may get some time on these charges. Take care friends, Cat

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, looks like both Thomas and Luther are on the mend. Dipping snuff is hard on the heart, I used to eat a can of Copenhagen every two days and smoke Camels at the same time. Been off both since '86, the toughest was the dip because I didn't spit it out, damn I loved that stuff. Wired at all times!!! But with a systolic of 250 and diastolic of 185 I had to quit. Hell I hardly ever drink coffee anymore, it tears up the stomach, LMAO because the tummy never rebelled against the Tobacco. Yep, it's hell getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear that he is home and okay. Tell him I'll be up to see him in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you chewed your brother out. People start to feel "better" and then they jack them selves up worse by falling.

    ReplyDelete