Saturday, February 26, 2005

More on Harris Neck Georgia

Pick up the book, praying for sheet rock, it is a very good book all about my county, that I just moved to. This county is funny with some very colorful people that you will ever meet. We had a whore house here back in the 60's and 70's, it was a truck stop, that did not sell any gas or oil for cars and trucks. They sold beer and pussy. It was owned by the sheriff Tom, he ran the county for many years. He picked up young girls on there way to Florida and put them in jail, and then offered them a way to work out there jail time, you guessed it, working at S and S truck stop. We have only one bar and there was a shooting last saturday night, over a woman, nice place. We have plenty of seafood and they are opened all year. More yankees are moving here to retire and some from Florida are coming this way, because of all of the storms they had last year. One of them blew my daughters roof off, and she lives in St. Augustine Beach. I will get to know more people in the next few months, I am retired and have plenty of time to visit and meet people. The house is coming along slowly, but it will be nice when it is finished, at least I am living in it, while the workers are still completing the final touches. More coming soon about my county, Cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment