Monday, November 6, 2006

My day, today

My Sony Wega EV went out a few days ago. A Sony techman came to my house this morning and dropped a bomb on me, he told me that it would take 1,024.00 to fix my tv. I paid him 99.00 to tell me this and I told him not to fix it, I will go out and buy a new DLP bigger svreen TV this week. What type of TV is the best? Please tell me your choice on TV's. My Sony Wga is only 5 years old. I have been buying Sony's for 25 years and this is the first one that died. I voted after he gave me the bad news. I voted all Republican today. Then I drove to town and had a great big ass country meal, fried chicken, country fried steak, beans, rice and gravy, peas and a small salad. Got my big belly full then went home and started reading about TV's. They make so many these days, I think the DLP and LCD has the better picture and are the newest ones out. Next year they will be old models, they change just as fast as computers. Ya'll check back and answer my questions, Cat

6 comments:

  1. The furnace wouldn't turn on in our clubhouse I'm responsible for the place and we had a meeting of our condo association planned. After checking it out the tech asked me what I wanted first; the good news or the bad. I asked him to give me the good first. "No charge for today's service" I knew there was a bombshell coming when I asked for the bad. "Your furnace is unusable and unrepairable. Your furnace has not been used in a long time, and it is dangerously unsafe." At least my TV works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know any more about TVs than you do but I also have bought Sony all my life. They have always had the best picture and sound and you can't kill one. I have a 19" Sony that I bought in 1986 in my garage. It still works fine and has never been repaired. I also have two 32" Sonys that are over 5 years old and still going strong. I've been thinking about one of them fancy ass wide screen LCD or Plasma TVs but I don't know what to buy. Everybody tells me not to buy plasma because the screen gets dull after awhile. Let us know what you get and how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad, I finally get to give advice to you. WOW! We bought our HD widescreen LCD two years ago and we love it. We bought the 50' Hitachi. There is nothing better than watching football or racing in HD on it. I just looked at Sears and they are a lot cheaper than what we purchased ours for. Daddy, you love TV ... go ahead and get the big one. After the sticker shock wears off, you will so so happy you bought one. You will have to upgrade your Direct TV box to a HD one as well. Let me know what you do. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toshiba is not bad either?! I've enjoyed their DVD players.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They definitly don't make things to last any more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat, its been 8(eight) days and you haven't posted about getting laid.. WAKE UP Cat

    ReplyDelete