Saturday, July 23, 2005

Hard times

Yes, we all have had some very hard times. Sometimes I still have a few. I have always worked my ass off and raised two ex-wifes a four children. If I had any extra money, we would treat ourselves to a treat, if we didn't have any money, we would keep our asses home. As my children started growing up and getting out of schools, I started to put a little back each week, after about 12 years this amount was high dollars for a poor ass cracker like me. I sold and traded land and paid all my taxes and reinvested all of the profits and that is why, I have a big ass house and plenty of land and everything is paid for. I wish I put this to work when I was younger, I could have twice as much as I do now, but, I would have missed out on some very nice good times and parties. You have to pay the price and work hard. Thank all of you for the nice words while I was sick, I am feeling much better, Cat

7 comments:

  1. glad your felling better. Go get that fuckin gator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I've got some people really pissed at me for writing something along the same lines. Well... you know my philosophy on that shit. Fuck 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob, if the shoe fits, you heard that a few thousand times I bet. The truth is the truth, today, tomorrow and 10 years from now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And finally on topic of your post. I remember my father working 2 paper route jobs at the wee hours of the morning. My step mother worked 12 -14 hours during the day, he watched the kids while she worked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damned straight Cat. wish i did know now what i didnt know then....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear you're back in fighting trim, I agree with the work philosophy, get out of debt and stay out. I balance everything with a somple do I need it or do I want it test. Only wish I started earlier before the health went South. Hope to hear about a gator fatality soon.

    ReplyDelete