Wednesday, July 6, 2005

New Pill

Doctor gave me some new pills yesterday, they are called Cymbalta 60 mg, some kind of nerve pills. I hope they work better than the other miracle drug? Back pain sucks, it is very bad at times and worst other times. It made me retire early, I was only 54 years old. Nothing is fun anymore, cause of this very bad pain. I am having a very bad week, rain and hot and cool at nights, bad on old backs. I have a built in weather station. Hope to get better later this week, I have a busy weekend planned and hope to write about it Sunday. Take care, Cat

7 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself, dude. It's sunny here today (so far) so hopefully you're getting good weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you Cat. Since I tore up my knee in February, it's been my built in weather station too. The daily rainstorms are really doing a number on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you know what I think of all those damn pills

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell that goddam doc to quit fucking around and give you some Oxycontin. I've suffered from a couple of herniated discs and spinal arthritis for over ten years now. When you just can't stand the pain, good old Oxycontin works every time. Don't be drinking with it though. Its some heavy duty stuff. I only take it when I get to where I can't walk from the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This getting into the golden years ain't what it was supposed to be. I like to claim that I can do anything that I ever did, only slower and not as often. But that's a damn lie. About three fourths of the time I am crippled up so fucking bad with arthritis all I can do is sit and bitch because it hurts too bad to go fishing. But it do beat the alternative which is not to hurt at all-ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat, unless you're depressed or have nerve damage secondary to diabetes, I can't imagine why cymbalta. See: http://www.cymbalta.com/index.jsp

    ReplyDelete
  7. You folks ought to Cat and me together. We argue about who is the most decrepit.

    ReplyDelete