Sunday, July 22, 2007

I am doing a good dead?

My cousin has his grand daughter living with them. His own son had this girl 14 years ago, the mama got on drugs and he started living with another woman that did not want him to see his daughter. No one wanted this girl. She is 14 years old, very smart and pretty. She has gotten into a lot of trouble within the last 2 years. She has tried drugs, booze and also sex. She has been kicked out of every school and has also been in boot camp for teenagers. She has been with us for 3 days. I have been talking with her and trying my best to help this child. My cousin and his wife needs a break, so me and Nancy has taken her in. She is doing very good with us and I will try to help her in any way. I keep telling her than she is wanted and loved by many people. I feel so sorry for this girl, her mama is on drugs and the state took her away from her. Her daddy can't see her, cause his new girlfriend will not allow it. It is a damn shame. This child is very smart and loves to read and take pictures, she wants to go to SCAD and study photos. She is very good at taking pictures. I just wanted to tell ya'll about this great little girl and I need your thoughts on trying to help her. Take care and wish us luck, Cat

6 comments:

  1. I will Pray with you for the strength to love and raise her .It is great for her to know she is loved and wanted by someone.Just make sure she takes responsibility for her own actions and she is STILL loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good heart, and I wish you luck. This is not an easy situation, but she will always remember your good intentions when she is older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its never an easy job helping troubled teens but worth every minute of the effort. I helped raise a couple to adulthood and they never forget those who helped them out. On another note any man who lets his girlfriend dictate to him when he can and cant see his children needs to grow some balls and tell her to hit the bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are going to have your hands full. Set the rules and stay firm, but gentle.((Cat & Nancy))

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you remember she ain't Jimmy Buffet it should all be good. I have a 14 year old girl. If you think it would help we can take 'em out sometime. Fishing, or just a day together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and your wife can help the girl. Fortunately your children are grown. Years ago my wife and I saw some well meaning friends take in a troubled child that damn near corrupted their children. It was a terrible siutation and they finally had to send the troubled child away to save their own kids. My wife and I considered trying to help her neice a few years ago but decided not to take the chance because we did not want to risk our own children.

    ReplyDelete