Saturday, July 28, 2007

Went to a 100 year aunts birthday party today.

You read correct, my aunt Lucille was 100 years old yesterday and her three children gave her a big birthday party today in Brooklet Georgia. I made the 150 mile trip without much pain today. I saw people and cousins that I have not seen in years, only wedding and funerals. I found out today that some of my relatives are very smart and have some very good jobs. My cousin Jimmy was an college football ref, now he is head of all the refs in the conference. Two have become doctors and most of the rest of them own some types of a business. My oldest brother went and he is 79 years young, his wife did not go. We all had a great time and I think I counted 80 people there. Maxie Price, my cousin in Atlants was there, he had a bad car wreck two years ago and is in a wheelchair. He owns six GM dealerships and also owns Vette World in Buckhead. It was really a nice day. I will return to Brooklet in about three weeks for the annual peanut festival. This year will be the eighteen one. Bullock county is knowed for the peanuts and tobacco. See ya'll soon, Cat

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time. I'm glad you were able to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you. Maybe you will be able to make it to helen for the bulshitters get together this fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... congrats to your aunt, killer.... 100 is quite a milestone....

    ReplyDelete