Wednesday, July 18, 2007

It Is Hot and Dry

Down here in coastal Georgia, it is hot ter than three rows of red onions. Man is it hot. My garden needs water at least twice a day. I still have plenty of food, but if I did not water it, it would be gone in two days. The fish are still biting and the heat index is over 105. My son Ryan and his wife just got back from Rome, they stayed over there for two weeks. If was a great vacation for the both of them. I have been overseas once, I stayed a month, went everywhere, it was nice, but I missed America. I cut grass today, it took me 6 hours on the tractor and a little of the push mower. I am now growing green worms. I purchased 6 more boxes of green worms from the bait store and I will try my best to raise me a few thousand. The fish really love them. They are very active, they move around more than the red worms. I will add some food coloring if I have too. I have never seen these before a few weeks ago. The two places I buy bait has them, I tried a few and they work. The bait shop charges 3.00 for about 15 worms, 100 crickets are only 2.50, but the fish seem to love those green worms. I hope I can raise them like I use to raise the red worms. I hope all of you have a good and safe weekend, some of my blog buddies are up in Atlanta, wish I was with them. Take care, Cat

3 comments:

  1. Check this site out. Might be cheaperhttp://www.baitstick.com/Baitdye%20for%202000.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell just go to Cabellas and search for Glo Worm. They sell the stuff to turn em green and active. My bad should have posted this one first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the worm farmin' brother. Green or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete