Monday, July 30, 2007

Saltwater fishing today

Usually I don't go saltwater fishing, since I have a freshwater pond in my back yard. A friend came by this morning and wanted me to take him fishing today, in saltwater. My cousin came down last week and caught three dozen blue crabs, now this friend of mine wants to catch some fish and crabs. I came home to eat some lunch and now I am going back. The tides are getting better this afternoon, morning tides sucked. I like to fish a out going tide for fish and a dead low for crabs. I ate fresh shrimp last night with fresh cob on the cob, silver queen corn, it is so sweet you can eat it right off the stalk. Maybe I will have some fresh fish tonight. Wish me luck, I'm gone.

2 comments:

  1. I've been itching to go out on the salt water all week, it's just that the tides are so messed up. I can't launch or load at low tide around here, all the ramps are too high and low tide today was around noon, a time I'd rather be off the water in the heat and have a cold beer for lunch. I like to fish early morning and evening on the incoming or outgoing tides. Like you that low slack tide is the best for crabbing. Have fun and catch a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn... that sweet corn sounds good. Brings back some memories, too. We used to eat the stuff as we picked it... one ear for us, two or three for the bag.

    ReplyDelete