Thursday, April 17, 2008

One of my hens had some babies today.

One hen, big foot, has been laying on eaggs for about three weeks. This morning when I went to feed and water my chickens, I heard a hell of a racket coming from under Big Foot. She had two eggs to hatchm cute little chicks, now we will have to name them. All of my chickens eat out of my hands and I can do anything I want with all of them. Everyone laughs at there names and the way they act. My cat, Toes, watches those chicken like they are her babies. What a circus. Next to buy is some small goats, they work better than a lawnmower.

5 comments:

  1. Mazel tov, Cat...so happy to hear the good news. Chicks are so cute. Do they even have hair yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, they are born with fuzz, feathers, not hair. City girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, sheep are good lawnmowers. Goats like to eat off the ground, it's a parasite control thing. So, Goats are good hedge trimmers and sheep are good lawnmowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .... goats next?..... those gators will make short work of them!.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Assrot hoss... If you name the goat Assrot Jr, or Li'l Assrot, could I get you to please paint it green and shave a number 88 in both sides of it? That'll make it the fastest goat you got man. ;)

    ReplyDelete