Tuesday, January 4, 2005

My land deal just went to shit

These last two weeks have been very bad for me. I had a chance to but land for one million dollars, I think it could be worth about three million if some speck houses were built and a few lots were sold. I put down 50,000.00 down and had to have the other 950,000 by this friday, all of the people I talked to, backed out as my partners. I called alled all my bankers and stock brokers today and to find out about getting a loan and buy it myself and I got turned down, because of my low income. I am retired now. Banks don't loan money like they use to years ago, they use to look at the person and the way he has paid his bills in the past, which I never missed a payment and also made my payments on or before the due date. Now you go through the out of town loan departments of that bank, someone you don't even know, that is fucked up. I have been doing business with Suntrust for 35 years and Wachovia for about as long. I called my lawyer and talked to him and he told me the same thing the banks told me. I have land with a nice house that is paid for, worth about 700,000 and about 200,000 in stocks and bonds and the land I am trying to buy should be worth more than a million, but both banks turned me down, flat. What is a small man going to do. Here is a chance for a small man to make a little money and no one will help me. Makes me want to go back to my days of crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment