Monday, September 26, 2005

Grits

I sent a bag of grits to a friend of mine, in Wisc. Her name is Lively, she has her own blog and she is funny as hell. When I talked to her, she told me she was going to fry them. I laughed so hard, I peed my pants. This is what I told her. Get a large pot add water and a little salt, add grits, stir and bring back up to a boil, cover and cook on low for 20 to 30 mintues. The longer they cook the better they are, just don't let them run out of water. After cooking I told her to eat them with salt and pepper and real butter. I love ham and grits and sometimes I add some cheese. I am from the south and been eating grits all my life. Yankees come to Georgia and try them and love them, they make a great meal and always at breakfast. I hope she loves them, Cat

8 comments:

  1. That was nice of you!! I like my grits with an egg over medium and a single sausage link. I mix it all up and eat it together. But, that's a seldom treat...too much fat in that breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like mine with some red eye gravy...mmmmm mmmmm good. My daughter eats a bowl almost every morning and she likes to add her scrambled eggs to 'em. My husband won't touch one bite of grits but he'll eat Malt-O-Meal and Cream of Wheat...go figure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned to love grits when I lived in Birmingham. They're good with salt and pepper and real butter...but, they're even better with cheese or like Sandy says, red-eye gravy. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've eaten em with salt,pepper, and butter, but with my sweet tooth, I prefer sugar and butter (Yeah,yeah, I know, BLASPHEMY), with eggs over easy and either bacon or sausage,& hot, black coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do Yankees add sugar to grits? They often call grits, Georgia Ice Cream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. heeey...thanks for the comment at my jewniverse. i cannot stand cindy sheehan and would not have second thoughts about throwing her in a swamp filled with gators, may God forgive me, if it'll get her to shut the flamin' hell up. she is such a disgrace.also, unfortunately, grits are not as popular a delicacy here in the non-south (i'm from brooklyn), so regretfully i can't make an informed comment except: i've had 'em before, and i'm sure i had 'em wrong, because they were liquidy and tasteless. i'm sure you could scare up a wicked bowl of grits though--i have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is wrong with you people? You ain't had grits until you've snorted 'em.

    ReplyDelete