Thursday, September 22, 2005

Road trip yesterday

I went to see my mama's only two sisters yesterday, Christine is the baby, 81 years old and aunt Lucille is 99 years old. My mama had 13 brothers and sisters and all of them lived past 70 except one, that was Ben and he died at 35. Aunt Christine came down from Atlanta to stay with aunt Lucille in  Broklet Georgia., when I got there, it took over two hours of driving. Lucille was cooking chicken, she still cooks two meals a day. Here mind is as sharpe as a 30 year old, but she is losing some hearing. Her daughter 70 came by to see me and then one of her sons dropped by, he is 73 years old and was the president of the local bank for forty years. Aunt Lucille talked about old times and remembered everything is her long life. She knew names, dates, times and the history of all of my kin. We had a Grooms family reunion a few years ago, over 500 people was there, back in the old days, everyone had 12 or 13 brothers and sisters, mostly to work on the farms. My mama was very lucky, her father was a doctor and the rest were farmers. They were a well to do family in Bulloch County. One graveyard in Brooklet is nothing put our family, dating way back before the civil war, almost all of my family serviced in the army back then. It was a very intersesting visit and I stayed for 6 hours, came hour and took a handful of pills and died for 2 hours, been up ever since. Thanks for reading about my great family, Cat

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great time Cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cat....visiting with older family members is really kind of cool. My granny and family is from Bulloch County. My mom and all her sisters (4) were born there. Have a great day!! Can I have some pills, the kidz are outta school for 2 days....just kidding...I think...

    ReplyDelete