Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Hurricanes

I sure am glad I don't live on the coast of Texas, these people are in for some bad times. You can't blame anyone on these storms, I have been through many a storm and hurricanes living on the coast of Georgia. I think this is going to be a very bad one. The people of Texas are handling this a lot better than New Orleans did. I think your local government needs to do most of the up front work and then it's time for the federal to come in. I hope and pray that these people come out of it alive. The last hurricane I went through was David in 1979, it put me out of work for two weeks and destroyed my house. I lived with mama and daddy while all the power came back on. No power for two weeks and no water, man that is bad. And we did not have all this bottled water back then, we lost all our food and the city looked like a bomb hit it. I sure these people do okay.

1 comment:

  1. It is just mind boggling watching the news. Just when you think that it can't get any worse, it does. My heart goes out to all those people.

    ReplyDelete