Sunday, May 28, 2006

Boiling Green Peanuts today.

I purchased two big bags of green fresh peanuts, found them for 1.00 a pound, cheap in today's market. These nuts will be cooked outside in my seafood boil pot. I will cook them the old fashioned way, with just salt. I have about 20 pounds of nuts and when they start to boil, I added about half a box of Morton salt. Cook for about 2 hours and then turn off the fire and let them soak for about 30 mintues, then you can eat your heart out. I love them like a hog loves corn and mud. I cooked peanuts three days ago, about 8 pounds, they are gone, I ate every damn one of them. These nuts are from Florida, Georgia green peanuts come in around July and August. I always go to the peanuts festival in Brooklet Georgia, home of my mama's family, I still have a 99 year old aunt, that cooks two meals a day and keeps a three bedroom house up. My mama had 13 brothers and sisters and only two living, one 79 and one 99 years old. Have a good holiday people.

2 comments:

  1. The peanuts I bought at the grocery store this weekend were pretty damn good. I ate five pounds in ONE DAY! Usually, those early Florida peanuts aren't that full and tasty. Maybe the increased CO2 in the atmosphere is doing peanuts some good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love some boiled peanuts. I gorged on some yesterday too. Got a stomachache but it was so good. There's a little place up past Helen called Fred's Famous Peanuts...good peanuts!!!

    ReplyDelete