Friday, May 26, 2006

Cooking for the Holiday.

I am having a low country boil and beef cook out for Monday. When I make a seafood boil, I use a pre-mix of Cajun boil. It is called Crawfish Crab and Shrimp boil by the Louisiana Fish Fry company. I pay 3.50 for a pound bag of it and it will cook about 50 pounds of seafood with that bag. If you just use a little batch, make sure you don't overdo the boil, it will make it so god damn hot, you will not be able to eat it. I start with a big pot of cold water, just before the water starts to boil, add the season mix, then add fresh or frozen corn on the cob. Then add small whole onions, then some smoked sausage and then some whole white potatoes. Cook for about 20 mintues, then add the seafood, some people add crab, shrimp or lobster. I make mine with just shrimp. Cook for about 4 mintues, don't over cook the shrimp. You will fuck them up good fashion. Take everything off the fire and drain on newspaper or paper plates. I make my own cocktail sauce also. About 4 parts ketckup, juice from one lime, 2 oz of worstershire sauce, and 2 oz of horserashish sauce. Mix very well until smooth. Dip your shrimp in the sause and enjoy, the more horserashish the more heat, so watch out. Enjoy and you can also make boil green peanuts the Cajun way, by add the crab boil mixture instead of salt. Then you will have boiled Cajun peanuts. Hope all of ya'll will have a great and safe hoilday, Cat

10 comments:

  1. You were doing great until you got to the seafood...it sounds yummy up to that point. I just can't make myself eat that stuff (and half my dad's family are lobster fishermen!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great!! Could you fix some 'mud bugs' with it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn man, sounds awesome. making me hate ohio even more than usual. you gotta do one those when i am stationed down there, the ones i do up here with imported seafood can't compare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That sounds really great. Enjoy your holiday. I working through till Tuesday myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds positively delicious! And I may have to steal that recipe for cocktail sauce too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DAMN! If sweetthing was able to travel I would be there at catfish manor tomorrow. That stuff is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From one food lover to another, thanks Guyk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, my mouth was waterin' 'fore I got through all of that post... You lucky bastid' you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suppose my invitation got lost in the mail? LOL. Sounds like yummy fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You would not come, you will not even give me your phone number.

    ReplyDelete