Monday, August 6, 2007

98 degrees in coastal Georgia

It is now dog days. It is usually very hot in these months. The heat index is 115 today. I worked in the yard this morning, before it got hot, watered, pulled a few weeds and picked some veggies. I feed my feed today in the pond, they were jumping out of the water to get those little balls of food. It must have been a thousand of them. I am now growing my own fishing worms. I purchased a worm bin from bcfarms and I got it going today. I ordered a 1,000 worms last week and added them to the bin with food and all types of goodies for the worms. These worms grow very fast and after they eat, the worms leaves behind them a good organic fertlizer. I will use it with my plants and garden. We are going to get dressed tonight and go eat at the country club tonight. The club just changed owners last month and the food is good again. Tonights special is wings, 35 cents each, with six different flavors. We will try them out. Last week we ate mexican food and it was great, good food and great service. Maybe the new owners will do a lot better than the last owners. The club has a very nice golf course and tennis courts, horseback riding and the club sets on an island, saltwater everywhere. The outside lots, on the water are selling for 400,000 and the inside lots are only 110,000. It is 80 percent full. We have some 3 and 4 million dollar homes on the water and most of them are people from the north. I have meet some good folks at the club, much older then me, but good people. I will let ya'll know about the food tomorrow, Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment