Sunday, August 12, 2007

Took A Road Trip Yesterday

I drove to ST. Augustine Florida to help my cousin with her beach house. We got up at 05:00 in the morning and we were on the road by seven. I drove over 100 miles before I had to stop and walk. Another 60 miles I had to stop and walk some more and buy gas. About 40 miles from the beach, I had to stop and walk again. My cousin from Atlanta purchased a beach front house 10 years ago and now she is doing it over and going to spend the winters at the beach. It is worth over two million dollars, the land is worth most of it and the very old house is worth only about four hundred thousand. I sprayed for fleas and had to install a new sink and all the faucets and drains. We went to home depot and purchased a bunch of rugs and cleaning fliuds. Mary, my cousin wanted me to spend the night, but I wanted to go home. My daughter and her two children live in St. Agustine, so when I got there, I called Stephanie and she and the kids came over to see me. Later that night, around eight oclock, I took all of them out for dinner. I was then thinking about staying the night. I finished most of the work that I was asked to do, but Mary kept adding things for me to do. I finally left the beach at 11:00 and got home in the wee hours of the morning. I went to bed around five and finally got to sleep and woke my ass up around 11:00am, I could hardly get out of the bed. The drive was not that bad, I think it was all the work and spraying outside in the 98 degree weather that got me. I may go back next week and stay a few days and fish and just relax on the beach, Cat

8 comments:

  1. Cat, I can't do them long drives anymore either. There was a time when I would drive for days on end just stopping long enough to take a piss and get something to eat. I can't do it anymore. I have to get out and walk around at least every hour and a half or so. Nowadays when I travel, I rent a small RV. I kick back and watch DVDs, read magzines, books, etc and sleep in the back. I let the wife and one of my daughters do all the driving. I love to travel and ride around but I hate to drive and I hate to fly. I love trains too but I need a whole train car to myself. I don't want to be bothered with a bunch of people. Train rides used to be okay but they've all gotten shitty and over-priced these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few days in a beach house sound devine. I think you should do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can drive to St. Augustine, you can drive to Helen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should let me know next time ya'll visit my little town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should be going back to St. Augustine in a few weeks, I am using the beach house and to visit with my daughter. Zonker, it was not a bad trip at all. I always want to go, but we I get sick and down in the back, I may as well stay home and hurt. Why drive and spend good money to take a trip and be in pain the whole time. I will try and make it this fall, Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. looking forward to seeing you in Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang. You do all of that, yet you bailed out of going to Claxton? A shanda! If you don't come to Helen, I will kick your butt. I'm making a special trip just to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a busy weekend, nothing like being busy in heat like that.

    ReplyDelete