Thursday, August 9, 2007

Early To Rise

I got up very early this morning, went fishing, caught my first catfish from my pond today. This is one of the catfish that I stocked about three months ago. When I added the big mouth bass and the catfish, they were only about two inches long. The DNR people told me that the bass and catfish would grow three times faster than the bream. I added the bream and shellcracker six months before the other fish, that way they would not have gotten eaten by the faster growing fish. This catfish was six inches long, wow, on a two pound test line and a ultr lite rod, it gave me a good fight. I can't wait till they grow up and get about four pounds. I just planted two almond trees in my backyard a few minutes ago. They smell so good, just as good as a bottle of almond flavoring. It should cool down by tomorrow with a little chance of rain, we need it, it's been hot as hell this past week. My son called from New York and said it was 102 degrees yesterday, that is hot for New York. I hope all of you have a great and safe weekend, take care, Cat

7 comments:

  1. those Catfish will put on a couple of pounds or more when ya feed them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been feeding them from day one. I throw out sinking food and the floating type twice a week. The DNR told me not to over feed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word, Cat. It has been freakin' brutal here, lately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been hotter than Hades up here in NC too. It finally broke today. It's probably around 80 degrees but it's cloudy and after all that heat, I'm freezing. I'm wearin a freaking sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to brag, but we've been having a REAL mild summer here. I know that comment is going to bite me in my fine Celtic butt when I go home to Michigan next week to the humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catfish caught a catfish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello k, it sounds funny, but I did catch a catfish.

    ReplyDelete