Saturday, October 20, 2007

Who's the smart one here?

I know a man from Michigan, he lives three miles down on my road. He retired from General Motors with 30 years of service. I am trying to teach him how to fish, shoot guns, hunt and how and where to buy good fresh seafood cheap. I think this man has done nothing but work, go home, watch TV and sleep and then the same thing the next day. He has lived in a shell. His wife cuts hair three days a week in Darien, about 40 miles from our houses. When he moved here, they purchased a 250,000 house, small with about a quarter of a acre with the house. It is two story with the garages on the bottom floor. I called him friday afternoon and asked him if he wanted to go get some fresh shrimp with me, he said yes, come and get me. I threw two 48 quart coolers in my truck and went and got him. About three miles from the boats a man was getting out of a truck in the next lane and then started walking across the highway that I was on, I had to slow down or I would have killed him. My friend then started to yell and hit the passenger side window glass with his habd. He hit it very hard and keep yelling at the man walking to his house. I asked him, why did you hit my glass and that man can't hear you. If you want, I will back up and you can say all that shit to his face, he said no, just keep driving. When we got to the boats my friend tried to let the window down with the auto button, nothing happened, he then yried to get it up, still nothing, he then got out of my truck and played and pushed the glass and nothing moved. He worked all day on my truck window and still nothing works. He called and said he would take it to the Fored dealership tomorrow and have them fix it and he will pay for it, since he is the one that broke it. Now I ask, who is the smart one now? I do know that his wife will kick his ass when she finds out he is paying for my window and they are already on a budget, whatever that is? She works and pays bills and sits home and bitches and worries about the weather, bugs and the gnats. Now he wants to sell his house and buy a cheaper house closer to Darien. He paid 250,000 for it and he wants 430,000 for it now and he has not spent any money or improvements to the house. Can I ask again? Who is the smart one.

8 comments:

  1. *shakes head.....Yes they walk amongst us...30 YEARS with GM and he thought hitting the window would accomplish..oh...nm I think maybe you should hold off on the teaching him to shoot guns part...lolHuggles and Love,Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually refer to em as "Damn Yankees" but in this case will just say "Dumb Yankee."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man you got friggin igits for neighbors

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...proving that road rage comes with a price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and you want to arm him...lol?

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU are the smart one Cat. Your neighbor sounds like a lunatic. Keep him in front of you if you teach him to shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My truck is still not fixed. When and if I get it repaired, I think I will stop talking to this crack pot. He is one dumb Yankee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going back tomorrow at three and finally going to det it fix. Maybe it will shoot his budget apart. He did not even tell me that he was sorry for hitting my window. I think I may take some of you advice and leave him alone, he is dangerous.

    ReplyDelete