Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I need some HELP

Can anyone help me with a Sony camera? The model is a 4.1 mega pixels Cyber-shot. I have downloaded the software that came with it and also added a usb driver. Whgen I add the camera to the line and put it in a port, it will not read or move the pictures from the camera to my PC? I have tried many times and it will not work.The camera is new and also has a model number of DSC-P41 on the top of camera. Please help, it anyone knows jack about this piece of shit. Thanks, Cat

5 comments:

  1. Some excellent suggestions by Chablis. One other thing to consider -- if you haven't installed Service Pack 2 for your Windows XP then that is most likely the cause of the problem. Major upgrades to the "TWAIN" driver in SP2.Now, there are lots of good reasons NOT to install SP2 on an older machine which I won't get into here. So, if a call to Picture Package tech support doesn't do it, consider doing what Heath suggested, instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catfish, I have a Sony DSC-85. Similar. Under settings, does 'usb connect' point to "ptp?" I don't know what that means, but that's the setting I had to use to get mine to download.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not try just hooking the camera up to the PC via the USB cable, then just go to "MY COMPUTER" and look for the icon that says "removable disk" Then double click on that, and it should open up a folder that holds all your photos. I never bother with any software that comes with a camera. Its not needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cracker tyrin to use the computer...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you turn the camera on before or after you plugged it in? Plug it in while it's off then turn it on.

    ReplyDelete