Sunday, June 18, 2006

A New Week

Good morning friends, it's a new week and let's make the best of it. My belly still hurts, wearing patches and eating pills, hope it gets better this week. I drove my truck yesterday for the first time, it hurt a little. My friend Chuck came down this weekend, he ate, shot guns, did a little fishing and watched for gators. He killed nothing but time and a lot of food. Between me and Chuck, we ate over 15 pounds of boiled peanuts. Still hot in coastal Georgia, when I feel better, I am going to Jesup Georgia and buy me some chickens and a few roosters, anyone ever eaten fresh eggs? They are great and much better than the store.  Lets wait and see, take care, Cat

6 comments:

  1. My brother keeps chickens--I tried to talk my husband into letting us have some but he said no. He regrets that now that he know how good they would have been for his garden. My best friend keeps a couple chickens too. Fresh eggs are the best.Hope you get to feeling better soon.Fifteen pounds of peanuts...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! Fifteen pounds of peanuts? Surely do hope they're soft when it's exit time. My brother keeps chickens too, but the coyote's usually munch on them before they're around too long. Seems futile to me if you have coyotes or alligators around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling a little better. Hopefully that trend will continue. Meanwhile, I know a thing or two about keeping chickens. Why would you get more than one rooster? Seems to me you'll see some major cock fights....

    ReplyDelete
  4. just keep the yard birds away from the lake--they are alligator bait. Oh and when you drop your chewing gum after you get chickens don't try to find it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I raised chickens and turkeys one year. The chickens and their fresh eggs were a wonderful treat but those god damn turkeys were the meanest things to ever walk the earth. After raising a few animals for food, I always felt a wee bit of guilt come butchering time. Not so with those turkeys...I was ready to kill them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cat, I'm glad you're feeling better. Sorry I haven't posted sooner, your site hasn't been showing as updated on Bloglines, where I'm subscribed to your feed! :(

    ReplyDelete