Sunday, December 24, 2006

Can James Brown Get Down?

James Brown, the godfather of soul, died last night. He was 73 years old. I saw James Brown back in 1963 at a all black night club in Savannah Georgia, it was in west Savannah at a club called the Flamingo, it was on Gwinnett street at west broad streets. Me and three of my friends went and saw James, we were the only white kids at the dance. I bet we stuck out like flies in a bowl of flour? That club use to bring in all of the great black bands of the 50's and 60's. I even saw Little Richard there once. I loved James music back then, his new stuff sucked. He lived a hell of a life. He was born and lived in Augusta Georgia. Rest In Peace James.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know he died. You've got quite a few posts here since I've been around last, hope your teeth are feeling better or at least that the pain has gone down, your poem about St Nick is funny...Happy Holidays to you!

    ReplyDelete