Tuesday, December 5, 2006

I went to see the tooth doctor today.

First of all, I hate to go to them. I had four crowns adding to my mouth years ago. They are all falling out, just old, I guess. He saw me and told me that I needed to have three teeth pulled. I asked, today? He said yes, while I was already in his chair. They took a whole set of arays and he came back and showed mw what he was talking about. If I would have known about this before I left the house, I would have gotten fucked up on drugs and booze. I hate to have teeth pulled. He came in and shot me about six times, hurt like hell. He said he was doing two sets of crowns in the other rooms and I would not be a problem. The first tooth came out easy, the second one was a little harder to get out, the third and last one was a motherfucker, it broke into and then he started digging around the bottom of the tooth just trying to get at it. After about ten mintues, he finally got it. It was hurting and he was sweating and making all types of sounds. I am very glad it is over.

8 comments:

  1. I had my wisdom teeth pulled all at once. Dentist gave me something, I don't remember what the drug was, but the technique is called "conscious sedation." You're awake while the doc is doing the procedure, so I guess you get a local to help out with it. But you don't store memories while the drug's in you, so you don't remember the procedure at all. They stick a needle in your arm, and you wake up in bed a couple hours later. Great stuff--if you ever need any more teeth pulled, ask your doc about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn Cat, I hope you're having a drink right now. I had one already now after reading that post, I think I'm going to have another one. OY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would rather take a whuppin than go to a dentist..and that is why my teeth are so bad now I reckon. But I will start next month gettin' the rest pulled and settle in with a set of fake choppers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guyk--remember, conscious sedation's your friend. Ask your dentist for it by name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dayum, my dentist was good. He took all of mine with just a local..and all I had was ibuprofen afterwards...and the fake choppers are SO worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((Cat)))Well that sucks!I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, that sucks. Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ... bloody hell, man..... my ass just grabbed hold of my blogchair......

    ReplyDelete