Friday, December 29, 2006

Fireworks

Fireworks are legal now in Georgia. For many years it was against the law. South Carolina you could buy fireworks then bring them across the river and shoot them in Georgia. The cops were bad about this on many holidays. Some of those bombs were very strong and they could blow a big mail box up. Ed is a good friend of mine and use to live next door to Rob. Every holiday they would buy a lot of fireworks and shoot them on the night of the holiday. I was invited to a few of these shooting. Rob's neighbors would buy a few hundred dollars of the very large bombs, the ones that flew into to sky and burst into many pieces and then explode. They were very nice and very loud. One year, we all got drunk and the women were after our ass to start the firework show, we wanted to wait till midnight He had about six couples with there kids in the front yard. We started to set the VooDoo bombs out. Man we were drunk. I had a 1200 pack of firecrackers sitting on the bed of my truck ready to light, while we were lighting some bombs, someone slipped over to my truck and lit my package, without anyone knowing about it. When those firecrackers started going off, it sounded like world war three. It scared the shit out of all of us. We shot bombs, chasers, TNT and cherry bombs off till about two in the morning. Did I say we were drinking? We I was getting ready to drive home, someone talked me into letting my wife drive, thanks goodness she did, about two miles from Ed's house was a road block, cops everywhere. Nancy had a few drinks, but I was gone, we made it okay, the cops laughed at me and told Nancy that I was lucky, he told Nancy that they have already caught 12 people DUI and took them to jail and pulled there cars and trucks. Man, I was lucky. It took me and Rob two days to sober up, my hang over was so bad, I almost went to the doctor, it hurt that bad folks. That was the last time I did that in Rob's county. Too long of a drive back to my house. A few days later, I talked to several of the guests about the fireworks and we all spent over 600.00 for all the rockets and bombs, amazing for a small street of friends. I want to shoot some fireworks this year for the kids on my road, but most of there parents are afraid of me. If I do, I will only shoot off about a 100.00 worth, that should be enough. They are legal now in Georgia and Walmart sells them pretty cheap. I saw a 250.00 package of the assorted kinds, a big box of rockets and bombs for only 89.00, that maybe the way to go. I will nto be drinking and hope to let the children have fun, may even take out some guns and build a huge fire outside. Happy New Year people, Cat

7 comments:

  1. How can they be afraid of you? You look like Santa Claus! LOL!We used to get good fireworks when I was growing up in Michigan. They are illegal where I live here in CA. Although some times my neighbors sneak them up from Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fireworks are still illegal in Ohio; you can buy them, just not set them off! Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun sugah! And my best to Nancy.HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey been reading your blog for quite a while now always entertaining added you to my blog roll todays the first day of my blog so jump on the bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great New Year,Joe. Wish I could have been there to contribute to the fireworks display. Tell Nancy we wish her all the best too. Maybe you can make it to TampaFest in Feb?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great story. Happy New Year to you both and to your family Cat.

    ReplyDelete