Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting Ready To Go To Savannah, Both Of My Friends Are Having Wakes Tonight.

You heard right, two wakes in the same night. That is a first for me. Sunday my best friend Chuck died from a stroke and the very next day, my friend Teddy died at hospice. That is a first for me. I will go to both of them. Teddy's wake is close to Chucks house and Chucks wake is out near Pooler GA, about 10 miles out of Savannah. I will stop and eat first and then go to Chucks house and see his daughter and son. His son and his wife came down last night to eat and to see me and my bride. He was driving his daddy's new Vette. I suppose to pick over some of Chucks things and get a few items to remember my buddy. I will try and get the new 460 pistol Chuck purchased last year, that gun is a hoss, it shoots a 325 grain shell, they are about 28.00 a box, very high in price for his son. Chuck did not leave a will, but he told me what to do with his assets. I hope the kids can split up everything that Chuck has and not fight about the items. I have seen this before at funerals. Wish me luck today, I am now just as nervous as I can be. I hate funerals. I will not have one.

2 comments:

  1. …wishing you lots of luck, Cat, for today, and in the future, that this never happens again. It really blows.

    ReplyDelete