Thursday, September 27, 2007

I Am Finished With Funerals

Yesterday I spend all day in Savannah. I went to two funerals. I first went to see my buddy Teddy, he was a good friend and he enjoyed three different lives. First of all he was a biker, the second life he was a captain of a big ass boat and third he was a shriner and mason. The funeral home was fixed to show off Teddy's life. They had his bike in the room with his body. Pictures were everywhere with his biker friends and family, they also had pictures of the other two lifes. It was something else. Must have been over 500 people at his funeral. He was really liked. After that we went to Chuck's, it was 20 miles from the first funeral home, lots of people and pictures of my buddy and all of his friends at parties and biking trips that we went on. It was a very sad day for me and Nancy. I really loved these men. I spend so much time with them and made so many trips with the bikes, I am missing them already. I am almost dead myself, all that standing and walking and talking. I will rest my big cracker ass today and try to get along with my life tomorrow. Have a safe and greet weekend, it maybe your last, Cat

4 comments:

  1. I reckon you said it best.."try to get along with my life tomorrow." That is about all we can do Catfish..just pick up the pieces and keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Catfish, You've lost too many friends lately. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry 'bout last Friday man. Sounds like a bad day to me. I echo what Nancy said though. Keep on fishin' man... keep on fishin. You get some time to think about things then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your buddies Joe. It's especially bad to lose a fellow rider. we're too few as it is. Like Guy said, the only thing is keep on keeping on and keeping the good memories of fallen friends alive.

    ReplyDelete