Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weird Day Fishing

I cut a few dead trees down this morning and after a small power nap I decided to go fishing. I took a small rod and reel with 10 pound test line on the reel. When I got to one of my easy sitting chairs, I noticed a six foot gator on the other side on the bank. I started catching fish and throwing them back. My bride came down to see what I was doing and she saw the gator and she must have scared him, he dropped into the water and started to swim up river. I kept fishing with a live cricket and a red and white small three cork, he saw it and started after my line with the float on top of the water, he got it and took off. I gave him plenty of slack and he finally gave up and just stayed on top of the water. I then started to reel him in, to the shore, I was moving him pretty good and I told the bride, I wish I had a big ass hook and about 80 pounds of line on a bigger tackle setup. I was pulling him in and then all of a sudden he turned and started for deeper water. He spit my float and bait out of his mouth. About half an hour later he attacked my float and bait again, we played with each other for about ten minutes and then he let go of it again, he then went back to his spot in the sun to catch a nap. That was very funny and I never had that to happen to me before. Tomorrow I will take a bigger rod and reel and se if I can land that sucker.

6 comments:

  1. Just be damn sure that when you land him he don't get a hold on you. If he get's your ass in the water, it's going to be bye bye Catfish. That sucker will get ahold of something on you and roll with you until he drowns your ass. Then he'll eat what he wants and leave the rest for the buzzards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might not have anything to worry about. I'm not so sure that 'gators eat catfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And just WHAT do you plan on doing with him if ya do catch him???

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can cut the tail off and his front legs and eat them. Gator meat sells for 9.00 a pound and it tastes great. Inside a gators front legs are a bunch of chicken wings look-a-likes. You get a whole lot of them, fry them just like wings and eat with hot, or anytype of sause that you want, they are very good with beer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love gator meat myself, I used to get it from my Cajun friends that I used to work with, none around here though. I use barbless hooks, I sometimes hook a harbor seal, now they will squall a bit but if they aren't too big I'll haul there ass in before I cut them loose. I lose a lot of good line that way, they're dumb enough to take the bait more than once so if they are about I take a break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its a peaceful hobby and interesting too, i love fishing that too il do it along with my friends by bidding, also there will be more interaction and challenging too....

    ReplyDelete