Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Worked on my chicken coop today

I think by tomorrow I will be finish with my chicken coop and run. It is built out of landscape timbers with two by tens as the bottom and two by fours for the top. I will put small holed chicken wire arounf the whole area. The coop is made up with four by eight OBC sheets, that last 50 years. I have room for about 25 chickens and will have about 10 laying boxes for the eggs. I hope to buy some big ass chickens for the eggs and a few small babtams for looks, they also keep the bugs out of your garden without hurting the plants. I want brown egg layers, they taste better. The door was built and installed today and the main roof now has shingles on it, my birds will not wet and get sick. Like my old friend Rob, I love to watch them in action. Another six foot gator went to gator heaven today. My yanke friend loves hunting them down and shooting them. That's all he's been talking about for days. If I can get someone to show me how to work my new sony camera, I will post some pictures. I am no pinball wizard.

2 comments:

  1. That camera should not be too much of a problem..can you down load the pictures to your PC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMMMM fresh eggs.I miss having chickens around.

    ReplyDelete