Saturday, November 3, 2007

Fishing and Hunting or just killing time?

Tree huggers beware, my cousin cut my dead ass red oak tree down, and it was at least 50 feet tall. The oak was dead and I was afraid it was going to fall on my house. I went down to the pond yesterday, I took a few firearms, I did not see any gators, but I did kill a few snakes. Usually when I go fishing, I never take a gun with me. I saw a black and purple snake, about 4 foot long. I could not make out what type of snake it was. So I let it live. Getting cooler in coastal Georgia, about 50 degrees last night and 70 during the day. I will go and fish after I read a few comments.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you got your tree down. I am sure it could have caused a lot of damage if it fell on the house. From the sounds of the snake it may have been a juvenile racer they don't turn all black till later. Enjoy fishing. I hope you catch a few.Huggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you didn't go and shoot at old Rob (the white 'gator) did you?

    ReplyDelete