Sunday, October 2, 2005

Lawns

I worked in my yard all day saturday and sunday. Got a lot of work done. The grass I planted is coming up and I feed it saturday, all 5 acres of yard. I noticed I had some moles, they love to eat the root systems. My brother use to stick pieces of chewing gum in the ground to kill them. I have 4 cats that love to kill them and an old water trick Rob told me about works good. Spray soapy water all over and dig a hole and bury a can of water in it. When the moles run for cover, they run to the water in the cans and can't get out. Traps sometimes work, I have also seen dogs that dig them up and eat them, I would love to find one of those dogs. Moles are very ugly and eat and kill your grass. So I had a good weekend with pain, but I enjoyed every bit of it, Cat

5 comments:

  1. Time to watch caddyshack for inspiration, cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen a Mole before. You always tell such interesting stories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. I would like to have one of them mole eatin' dogs myself. I give up on Bahai grass because of the gotdam moles and cinch bugs that feed on the roots. I have put down enough bermuda seed in the past two years to broadcast a dam hay pasture and it is finally taking over. Maybe the winter rye will give the damn moles some roots to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dogs kill moles, little fuckers leave the dead ones laying around for me to step on too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If my big ole Mastiff mole eatin' dog was still alive I could let you borrow him. Unfortunately, he died in June, but he sure loved to get moles. He could smell where they were and would pursue them with furious intensity until he got them.

    ReplyDelete