Saturday, February 24, 2007

Claxton Georgia, Home of the Rattlesnake Roundup

It is time again for the Rattlesnake Roundup again on March 10, 2007. It is always in downtown Claxton Georgia, everything is downtown in Claxton. Claxton is also the home of the world famous Claxton Fruit Cakes. That morning of the tenth, a parade will start at 10:00 am, it will have people, bands, snakes and horses with floats. After the parade the show goes to a few tobacco warehouses that house the roundup. The last time I went, I carried along about 12 people on our bikes, we parked on main street and watched the parade and ended up, in the parade. Those country people loved out long hair and tats and the bikes. The warehouses had all of the vendors and cooks, cooking snake and other food. Some people made shit out of rattlesnake hides, wallets, pocketbooks, key chains, shoes, you name it, they had it. We stayed all day, it was very good and cheap way to spent a saturday in middle Georgia. I talked to V-Man yesterday and he said he was going to Claxton and wanted many bloggers to meet him there. I will go and see my friends that saturday. Claxton is about 70 miles from Savannah and about two hours from Macon Georgia. I think Claxton is 65 miles from me. It is a very bad ride, cause I have to go through Fort Steward, the big Army base. Claxton is on highway 280 at 301 south. If you mapquest it, look for Claxton Fruit Cake Company to get directions. See you there, Cat

1 comment: