Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Tequila and Rob

I just read an old post on Gut Rumbles about Rob and tequila. No, he could not drink that shit. He went wild and crazy everytime he drank it. I love tequila but it hates me. I remember a few years old on a sunday winter morning. I had been out the night before and almost drank myself silly. The bars on River Street in Savannah don't open till noon, so I had time to wash and get ready for another day of nothing but drinking. It was cold as hell and I got to river street right after noon. I started drinking volka and tonic with lime and talking to people from all over the USA. Around two oclock a friend of mine came in and started bartending, he said, Cat, what are you drinking? I told him about last night and I was taking it easy today. I was having a great time and people at the bar was enjoying my company and me being from Savannah, I had then in my hands. One story after another I was telling. I was feeling pretty damn good. As I was sitting at the bar, I looked up and saw a brand new bottle of tequila, the one with the worm inside. I told Doug, give me that bottle of tequila and cut me up a couple of limes. I drank and drank, I noticed a man and woman come in with a baby puppy dog, a big dog and he was very good to be out in public in a bar with his owners, I drank a few more and the next thing I know, I am on the floor withe puppy and we were playing and having a great time. I finally finished my bottle of tequila and sucked the worm out of the bottle and some of the ladies went crazy. I was drunk as shit. I stayed at the bar a few more hours and had to call a cab to get my ass home, I couldn't walk. When I got home I passed out and woke up about four hours later smelling like a wet dog. I don't remember too much that happened that day, but I had a pocket full of money when I left the house and now, I think I had 30 cents in my pocket, I must have paid for everything and the cab. See what tequila does to me. I still drink it, but never by the bottle. I think Rob could out drink me, when it came to beer, I could drink one for one with Rob. We use to go to tity bars at eight oclock in the evening and left at three in the morning, closing time. Drinking and pretty ladies were always on the top of our list, at that time in our life, Savannah had four tity bars. I think we kept them in business.

3 comments:

  1. Funny story. I have scars from my tequila days. By the way, .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tequila is one taste I have never acquired; vodka on the other hand is my poison of choice! Sounds like you and Rob really were quite the ornery pair we thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think everyone has a tequila story. All of mine were very funny, I use to love to go to someones house and play cards, I would take a good bottle of tequila and a 12 pack of Bud, after the card game go out bar hopping and pussy hunting. I still don't know what I would have done if I caught some pussy, those days, I could hardly walk and talk, much less do any fucking.

    ReplyDelete